We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven professional to join the Three Rivers & Chapelfield Farm Vets team as either a Veterinary TB Tester (OV) or an Approved Tuberculin Tester (ATT).
This is a permanent role, working a four-day week on farms delivering statutory TB testing of cattle alongside our clinical team of 10 Farm Veterinary Surgeons and a trainee Vet Technician.
Our farm practice is a large expanding, friendly, progressive practice in the heart of East Anglia servicing beef and dairy clients. We are based out of number of branches in Norfolk and Suffolk. It’s a beautiful part of the country with amazing coastlines as well as the vibrant city of Norwich with easy links to London.
The successful candidate will need:
- A valid driving license.
- Clean criminal record.
- At least six month’s cattle handling experience.
- Competent IT skills.
- Exceptional time management.
- Good communication skills.
- Veterinary applicants must be RCVS registered. OCQ(V) TT qualified, full training will be provided if necessary.
- Animal Health Paraprofessional ATT qualified, however for the right candidate full training will be provided. In order to do this, they will need to hold at least 3 graded GCSEs or equivalent qualifications in Maths, English and a Science or Food Production subject. Training involves an online theory course and practical training and assessment under the close and direct supervision of an approved veterinary supervisor. Training will take a minimum 3 months.
They will require the flexibility to adapt to different situations in a calm, sensitive and diplomatic manner. Also, to have the enthusiasm, drive and organisational skills to work independently.
- Annual leave 6.6 weeks including bank holidays
- Salary from £20,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
- Company Vehicle
- Uniform and full PPE provided.
- Company phone and tablet with the use of VetImpress software
- Employee Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay
- CPD allowance
If you love working with cattle and this exciting opportunity is of interest to you then we would like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and current CV to Practice Manager Jayne Scott, email@example.com or call 01508 530686 (option 1) for more information.